Sausage and Stuffing Criss-Cross Pastry

This is an amazing recipe! I'm not sure that I'll ever make traditional stuffing again!




Ingredients

1/2 pkg. (17.3 oz.) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
2 eggs
1 tbsp. water
1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage (I use turkey sausage)
1 cup Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing (I use low sodium stuffing mix)
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup chopped mushroom (I leave these out)

Directions

THAW pastry sheet at room temperature 30 min. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix 1 egg and water.
MIX thoroughly sausage, stuffing, remaining egg, onion and mushrooms.
UNFOLD pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Cut slits 1" apart from outer edge up to fold mark on each side of pastry. Spoon sausage mixture down center of pastry. Starting at one end, fold pastry strips over sausage mixture, alternating sides, to cover sausage mixture. Place on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
BAKE 35 min. or until golden. Slice and serve warm.
Makes 4 servings



Recipe Source - Campbells Kitchen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was awesome! I took it to a Thanksgiving potluck with friends and doubled the recipe! It was gone in a flash with lots of compliments. I will definitely make this again and again!