Menu Plan Monday











First, I want to thank everyone who shared appetizer ideas with me last week. I can't wait to try them during the holiday season. :) I made a cheesey spinach and bacon dip for my book club, which was pretty good. It's kind of a different twist on traditional rotel dip.

I'm am very much looking forward to this Thanksgiving week. Corey and I only have school two days, and then we head to Eric's parents' house for Thanksgiving. On Friday we will head to Chicago with my parents to go to the Chicago Symphony! John Williams is conducting and will be featuring music from the Harry Potter movies. It should be a great concert. We saw him two years ago on Thanksgiving weekend and just loved it. We take the Amtrak train from St. Louis to Chicago, which is a lot of fun.

Because of our travels, I don't have a very large menu to share this week. I could type up what our housesitter will be eating, but I have a feeling that wouldn't help very many people. ;) So, here's a list of things I would usually make on Thanksgiving if I was cooking at home.


Sausage and Stuffing Criss-Cross Pastry
Hot Rolls
Pumpkin Dessert
Day Before Mashed Potatoes
Cream Cheese Corn

I hope you all have a very happy holiday week! For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - ate at my mom's
Monday - Chili, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Peaches
Tuesday - Spaghetti Chili, Salad
Wednesday - housesitter arrives here - eat at Eric's parents' house
Thursday - Thanksgiving dinner in St. Louis
Friday - on the road to Chicago
Saturday - eating Gino's East in Chicago - yum!
Sunday - on the road home

2 comments:

debhmom3 said...

What a wonderful Thaksgiving weekend you have planned! Be safe and have fun!

Shawnee said...

Sounds like a fun holiday. Be safe! Thanks for the recipe links from last year.