What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Our family had a great weekend! I'm finally getting over my stupid cold and feel like a human again. Corey traveled with the cross country team to state contest and had a great time. The team got 9th place. Eric and I actually got to spend some nice time together while he was gone. We went for a "romance run" together on Friday evening and decorated the house for Christmas (yes, I'm one of those annoying people who decorates early - it makes me happy). Just look at this tree and tell me it doesn't make you smile. :)





















This morning we participated in the Bass Pro Outdoor Festival. Eric ran his first official half marathon and finished in 1:56. Corey and I ran the 5K. Corey got 2nd place in his age division and and 10th place overall. I finished the race, which is great for me considering I haven't run since July when I injured my leg. :) I may not be speedy, but at least I'm out there.


This week is a busy one for activities, so the evening meals are definitely on the simple side. Our football team is in playoffs, which means the band has to play. Corey has district band auditions, I have computer workshop, we have the cross country banquet, and we have another 5K on Friday night. We definitely can't complain about being bored. On weeks like this, my menu relies on things I can cook ahead or pull out of the freezer. (On a side note, I didn't get to last week's Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce. I still wasn't feeling well and resorted to take-out Chinese.) Here's this week's menu. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving break so I can cook more! Enjoy and have a great week!

Sunday - Roast, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Green Beans
Monday -Red Beans and Rice (Just Zatarans out of the box with sausage added in), Salad, Peaches
Tuesday -Leftovers
Wednesday - Chili, Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Thursday -Eat at banquet
Friday - Chicken Spaghetti (gotta carb up for the race), Broccoli, Fruit
Saturday -Soup (to be decided), Chick-be-Quicks (having company over to watch BOA finals)

0 comments: