Chicken Sloppy Joes

I was looking for a way to make a healthier sloppy joe that still tasted good, so I decided to try chicken. I make shredded BBQ chicken quite often, but I wanted the taste of regular sloppy joe sauce. This version is pretty much what I wanted. It has MUCH less sodium than using the packages of sloppy joe mix that I traditionally use when making them with ground beef. This would freeze very well.



Ingredients:
8 oz no salt added tomato sauce
1 T brown sugar
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 t yellow mustard
1 t cider vinegar
1 T dried minced onions
12 oz. cooked shredded chicken breast

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan on the stove. Heat through. Serve on hamburger buns (not included in nutrition info).

Serving Size: Makes 3 servings





0 comments: