What's for Dinner Menu Plan

One more week until spring break! Though today, it sure hasn't felt like spring. I think the high was only 30 degrees. I'm hopeful for some warmer weather so that we can get outside during our time off. I had a great trip to St. Louis last week to do a presentation on technology for a group of librarians. My family reading night also went very well. Be sure to check out the pictures. :)



It's been 10 weeks since I started my "healthy eating" journey with the hope of dropping 15 pounds. I had hoped to reach my goal weight by the end of April, but I hit it this week! I'm very proud of myself and feel so much better. My pants are baggy, my rings are loose on my fingers, and I've lost over 2 inches of waistline. The best part is that I haven't felt deprived of food. I attribute this to the fact that I didn't go on a diet. I just watched my portion sizes and kept track of my calories using Sparkpeople. Anyway, I just wanted to share my success. :)

This week I've got some new recipes, so photos will be posted as I make them. I also made a dessert treat for the family this week - Oreo Chocolate Lush. It's one of our favorites. My lunch soup is Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup. Allergy season has kicked in, so you can see my chicken soup theme this week.  Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Crock Pot Jambalaya (317 cal), Salad, Peaches
Monday - Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole (324 cal), Salad, Strawberries
Tuesday -French Dip Sandwiches (227 cal), Salad, Brussels Sprouts
Wednesday -Leftover Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole (324 cal), Salad, Applesauce
Thursday -Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Chops (200 cal), Green Beans, Salad, Applesauce
Friday -Homemade Pizza (193 cal/slice), Salad, Peaches
Saturday -Beef Burgundy with Biscuits (299 cal), Broccoli, Salad, Strawberries

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to goal!
~Deb~

Liz said...

Cynthia, as always, you have a rockin' menu this week. I am bookmarking thew jambalaya. Have a great week. ~Liz

Anonymous said...

Just browsing Menu Plan Monday posts. I LOVE SparkPeople. It's how I lost 20 pounds last year after baby number 3 and 15 pounds before baby number 2. I'm always recommending it to friends trying to lose weight--you can't beat free! Congrats on making it to your goal!

Your menu sounds yummy!