What's for Dinner Menu Plan

It is HOT in southwest Missouri! It has been over 100 degrees the last two days, and it looks like that's what we will have to deal with all week. These temperatures make it very hard to stay motivated to cook, exercise, etc. But, I've been hanging in there. :) My son has cross country practice early every morning, so I've been getting up and running as well. If you can beat the sun up, it's actually tolerable outside (for example, it was 80 degrees at 5:30 a.m. today). Running at night isn't an option. Last night it was 98 degrees at 10:00. Yuck!

This week I'm back to work. Yes, I know everyone thinks teachers have the summer off, but that is a huge fallacy. My only day off this week is Friday, which is perfect because that's when the last Harry Potter movie comes out. :) You know what this library lady will be doing on her day off.

My menu this week is another week of cleaning out the freezer. This will use up the last of my "stash" so I can start restocking next week. You'll notice a lot of chicken recipes this week. Bet  you can guess what I have left in the freezer. :) I have three new recipes this week, so be sure to check back later for nutrition info and pictures.

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Steak, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad
Monday - Easy Chicken Enchiladas (305 cal), Salad, Strawberries
Tuesday - Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups (new), Broccoli, Salad, Strawberries
Wednesday - Turkey and Gravy (from freezer), Rice, Green Beans, Applesauce
Thursday - Buttermilk Herb Chicken Breasts (new), Grilled Cheesy Potato Packets, Salad, Peaches
Friday - Grilled Pizza, Salad, Fruit Salad
Saturday - Won Ton Soup (new) (273 cal), Salad, Strawberries


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

Ooh, the wonton soup sounds really good...although all of the recipes do too!

I've just put a linky up on my blog for Menu Plan Monday if you're interested :-)

Ana said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE enchiladas! every now and again, I try to include some Mexican inspired dish on my menu! :)

Ana @ My (Newly)Wed Life

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Cynthia, You have a really wonderful and beautifully balanced menu! I would love to try the buttermilk herb chicken, the enchiladas and those interesting Chicken roll-ups! All so very yummy!
Thank you for participating in ON THE MENU MONDAY. You bring the gift of a beautiful menu to all who visit!!!
Could you please put an ON THE MENU MONDAY link on your post, so others can visit too! Thanks!
Yvonne

FromCristinToMommy said...

wonton soup sounds fun!!
i am trying to utilize the freezer too and use some stuff up to restock
i would love if you would come visit my blog and check out my Menu Plan
Enjoy your week
From Cristin To Mommy