Mark Twain Book Club Luncheon - Mini Munchies Theme

Last Thursday I hosted 11 teachers for my first summer Mark Twain Award Book Club luncheon. Each summer I invite my 3rd and 4th grade teachers to read all 12 of the nominated books for the coming year, and we get together twice over the summer to discuss the books. My theme for this luncheon was "Mini Munchies". I have some very cute mini dishes I got a Pier 1, and it was fun to make several different recipes for my friends to try. I decorated with some pretty white flowers and lots of candles, and I even folded the napkins to look like a white rose. :) Here is a photo slide show of the event.



Here is my menu:

Feta Cheese Spread with Crackers

Mini Caprese Salad on a Stick (just alternate grape tomatoes, basil leaves, and fresh mozzarella, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar)

Mini Olive Kabobs (alternate black olives, green olives, and mozzarella)

Tomato Basil Couscous Salad

Sushi Teriyaki Clouds 

Won Ton Lasagnas 


Seafood Crab Bisque (not going to post recipe - I didn't like the texture - it used bread to thicken the soup - yuck)

Gooey White Chocolate Fluffernutter Cake Bars


Quick and Simple Chocolate Mousse 

Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits

0 comments: