What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Well, our holiday weekend didn't turn out quite as planned. We picked up Corey from Scholars Academy on Saturday, and decided to go on to my mom's house to swim for a while and watch the fireworks that night (it seems not many towns around here are actually doing fireworks on the 4th - bummer). My husband, being the big kid that he is, was playing in the pool with our nephews and ended up dislocating his shoulder. So, instead of watching fireworks, we spent the evening in the ER. He is ok now, but will be out of commission for a while. It stinks when your mind forgets that your body is 41 years old. :(

On a happier note, my book club luncheon last week was great. Be sure to check out the pictures and recipes.



This week my menu is based on cleaning out my freezer. I'm getting ready to do my annual summer freezer stock up, and I needed to get rid of a few items still left from previous stock-up sessions. I'll be posting more about my freezer prep for my fellow school teachers who might want to do a similar activity before school starts. It's such a time saver for me later in the year. I do have a couple of new recipes on tap for this week, so check back later for the pictures and details.

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Open-Faced Chipotle BLTs, Strawberries
Monday - Turkey Brats on the grill, Salad, Green Beans, Blackberries
Tuesday - Ricotta Stuffed Meatballs (360 cal), Broccoli, Salad, Peaches
Wednesday - Turkey and Gravy (from freezer), Rice, Green Beans, Salad
Thursday - BBQ Chicken Won Ton Dippers (chicken from freezer - recipe soon), Corn, Salad, Strawberries
Friday - Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Bake (376 cal), Salad, Peaches
Saturday - Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers, Salad, Strawberries
 

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.  

1 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Cynthia,
I am so sorry to hear that your 4th of July ended with a trip to the ER! A different kind of fireworks, for sure! I hope your hubby is back to normal very soon! And yes, boys will be boys... thank goodness.

Everything looks wonderful on your menu! I dont' know what I want to make first! Open Face Chipotle BLT's, be still my tummy! I am looking forward to the Won Ton Dippers!

YOur idea of clearing out your refrigerator so you can freeze is a very wise idea and good advice! I am making Collards from my garden to go in the freezer. YUMMY!

Thank you so much for participating in ON THE MENU MONDAY. Your menu is really stellar!
Yvonne