Menu Plan Monday


I'm back!!! Last week I was a menu plan slacker. For that matter, I was a slacker for the last two weeks. It's back to school time for our household, and all of my time spent doing computer workshops this summer took its toll on my planning for the school year. We spent most of the last two weeks at school all day, often staying as late as midnight, so menu planning and cooking simply didn't happen. I've definitely had my share of fast food, and I'm ready to get back into the normal routine (if you can call our routine normal ). You will see that my menu this week is relying on some freezer staples like chili and BBQ pork (which I almost always have in the freezer). We are still kind of in survival mode. I am hoping to get caught up on home stuff over Labor Day weekend. Anyway, we did have a great first week back at school. Corey is 8th grade this year, but is actually starting his day at the high school taking a geometry class. He's loving it because he gets two math classes. He's also keeping busy with cross country practice and finishing up his Eagle scout project. This year, my school added 2nd grade into the building (we used to just be 3rd and 4th grade), so I had fun getting used to the little ones. :) The hubby is keeping busy with instrument dispays at schools. Gotta love rental season! My dad is a consultant for him during this time of year, so they get to hang out and entertain each other while they work.

I hope the menu is helpful to you. It at least shows that having some things on hand in the freezer can be a lifesaver! For other menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.
Sunday - Ultimate BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, salad, strawberries
Monday - Chili (from the freezer), Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Peaches
Tuesday - Spaghetti Chili (use leftover chili over spaghetti noodles topped with cheese), Salad
Wednesday - Turkey ham, red beans and rice (Zatarans from the box), cornbread
Thursday - BBQ pork baked potatoes (pork from the freezer), salad, applesauce
Friday - Bourbon Chicken, rice, broccoli
Saturday - Burgers on the grill, steak fries, crispy parmesan ranch crusted green beans, watermelon (from our garden!)

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like a great week of menus. I like your bags, too. I sew, and I love to make bags.

Sandra said...

Thanks for sharing :)

My Menu Plan

Nicole said...

As always your menu sounds great!

Mom24 said...

We start school this week. I'm not ready to not have my kids around all day, but ready for some routine. Your meal plan sounds really good. I've bookmarked some recipes I'm looking forward to trying. Thanks for posting.

Amy T said...

I am definitely trying to do more freezer recipes - at this point, just making extra dinner and freezing a portion. I'm due in December, so I'm looking to stock the freezer for that!
Have a great week!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great menu! :D I can't decide which dinner looks the best as they all sound delish!
Have a great week!

Niki Jolene said...

Bourbon chicken sounds awesome!

:)

mom_of2boys said...

Your menu looks great! I love the idea for the green beans. I might have to give that a try on our green bean night.

Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

CarolinaDreamz said...

I can't wait to add your Bourbon Chicken to our menu. Its looks fabulous!

I'm new to menu planning, again, from a past life, it seems, so I'm making my way to visit and get some ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.
~Heidi @ Field of Dreamz From the Cheap Seatz

JusFrugal said...

Your Bourbon Chicken and Parmesan Crusted Green Bean recipes look great! I might have to borrow!

Thanks!