What's for Dinner Menu Plan

We survived our busy week last week, but barely! Saturday just about did us in. We had a 20 hour day, starting with a cross country meet very early in the morning and ending after midnight with a band contest. We tried to sleep in late Sunday to recouperate, but we still had all of the normal weekend chores to accomplish in that one day - laundry, shopping, cooking, cleaning, homework, etc. Plus, I had to finish preparations for my family reading night. Needless to say, the Matzat family is tuckered out! Unfortunately, this week isn't much better. It must be that time of year. We have the normal band and cross country practices, my family reading night, Eric's work retreat, computer workshops, halftime performances, math contest, band contest,and we have company coming. Okay, enough of my ranting. I know we all have busy schedules, but I feel better now that I've shared my stress with the world. ;)

On to the menu plan! I did a lot of cooking on Sunday, including making a pot of soup for my lunches this week - Pasta e Fagoili! Yum! I also cooked some meals for some friends who are in some crisis situations and need someone to make sure they are eating. We do have some nights where we are forced to eat out again, but at least we will get a few home-cooked meals. The new one on the menu for this week is Baked Spaghetti Casserole. I made it ahead of time for later in the week (plus an extra for a friend), and it looks great. I'll post pictures later. Here's this week's menu. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Enjoy and have a great week!

Sunday -Homemade Pizza (was going to be Pizza Pot Pies, but no time), Salad
Monday -Crockpot Roasted Chicken (made ahead), Crockpot Mac & Cheese (made ahead), Green Beans, Salad
Tuesday -Eat out (family reading night and cross country meet)
Wednesday -Baked Spaghetti Casserole (made ahead), Salad, Garlic Muffins (made ahead)
Thursday -Leftovers
Friday -Eat out (halftime performance)
Saturday -Eat at band contest

2 comments:

Michele said...

OH, how I miss marching band! Enjoy it while it last, it goes by sooo fast!

Tiffany said...

Yum!! I am a new follower from orgjunkie Menu plan. Adorable blog, and your life sounds just like mine. Always running somewhere!

Tiffany @ Wyatt Family Farm