"Best" Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I absolutely love, and I'm pretty much famous in my family for my chocolate chip cookies. That being said, I'm always on the lookout for something that might be better. When I saw this recipe on a blog this week, I thought I would give them a try. I'm not sure that I would say this is the "best" chocolate chip cookie recipe, but they are definitely yummy. The combination of using butter and shortening gives them a very nice texture. I think I still like my usual recipe a bit better because it only uses brown sugar instead of both brown and white, and mine are a bit chewier, which I tend to prefer. Whichever recipe you choose, you are going to get a great batch of cookies.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (that means sitting it out on the counter for about 20 minutes before you bake)
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 package semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixer bowl outfitted with paddle attachment, beat together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and sugar on low until bound together, then on medium-high until smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla, continue beating, then add one egg. Beat until combined, then add the other egg and beat until fluffy.

In a large bowl, stir or whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pudding mix. Turn mixer to low and gradually mix the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture until well blended.

Use a spoon or sturdy rubber spatula to stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by teaspoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake in a preheated oven for 8-11 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from oven; allow cookies to cool 5 minutes on baking sheets before removing them to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen cookies.



Recipe Source - Amanda's Cookin'

0 comments: