What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Last week was a week of new recipes for me. Because my son is at camp, I've been able to make some things that have ingredients he wouldn't eat (i.e. fish, mushrooms). Everything I made last week turned out great! I ended up skipping the Pineapple Pork Chops and the Chicken Packets because of a couple of unexpected changes in our evening schedule. I'll give them a try another time. I think my favorite meal last week was the Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Creamy Cilantro Sauce. Maybe I liked it so much because I don't usually cook fish. :)

This week I have a few new items as well. I will have the recipes posted soon, so be sure to check back. I've had a busy week finishing up computer trainings at school, helping my mom, and visiting my son at Scholars Academy, so my meal planning is a bit behind. I promise to have everything caught up in the next day or so. We did have a great day visiting our son, and we finally got a chance to take a short 15 mile bike ride with him on our favorite part of the KATY trail.

Later this week I will be hosting my summer book club meeting at my house. I'm doing a fun new theme for lunch - Mini Munchies. I have some cute "tasting" dishes that I got at Pier 1, and I have a bunch of fun, new recipes I will be sharing for this get-together. Be sure to check back later in the week to see pictures and get the recipes.

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - eat out (parent visiting day at Scholars Academy)
Monday - Steak, Asparagus, Salad, Peaches
Tuesday - BLT Pizzas (531 cal), Peaches
Wednesday - In-N-Out Burgers , Oven Baked Fries (157 cal), Green Beans, Chocolate Shakes
Thursday - Fish Tacos, Salad, Strawberries
Friday - Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Bake, Salad, Peaches
Saturday - Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Broccoli, Salad, Strawberries


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.    

5 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

You have a yummy week planned ahead of you. I would love to try the Tex Mex Chicken Rice Bake. Delicious!
I would love for you to stop by StoneGable and post this menu on my ON THE MENU Linky Party going on now!
http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2011/06/on-menu-monday-linky-partyweek-of-june.html

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I am thrilled that your participated in ON THE MENU MONDAY!
Now everyone in my part of bloggland can see all your good recipes!
Yvonne

Bethany said...

Wow looked at the recipe for the in and out burgers and had to save the link. Sounds yummy.

http://pickycookin.blogspot.com

shari brooks said...

i made your shrimp recipe this past weekend. It was a huge hit. The sauce was the best part. Thanks for sharing. I added to the yummy dish some fresh white wine sangria!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Great week planned ahead. I could eat that plate of shrimp every night of the week.
Sam