Chicken Saltimbocca

I loved the wine sauce on this dish. I used red because it was what I had in the fridge (therefore the dark color). Next time I make it, I will leave out the fresh sage leaves in the middle.


Ingredients:
1 med onion, chopped
2 cups uncooked Minute brown rice
1 3/4 cups low fat, low sodium chicken broth
4 boneless chicken breast halves
4 slices Hormel Deli Honey Ham
4 fresh sage leaves(optional - I'm going to leave them out from now on)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c white wine (I used red wine in the dish in the photo as it's what I had in the fridge)
1/4 c fat free sour cream
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp minced fresh sage (I used dried)


Directions:

In a large saucepan, saute onions until tender.  Add rice and stir to coat  Stir in broth and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat.  Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 more minutes.  Fluff with fork. 

Meanwhile, cut a slit lengthwise through the thickest part of the chicken.  Fill with ham and sage leaves. Sprinkle with  pepper. 

In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil spray over medium heat, brown chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side.  Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

Add wine to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in the sour cream, sugar and minced sage.  Serve chicken with rice.



Recipe shared from Tanya Bergantz

0 comments: