What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Summer has definitely arrived in Southwest Missouri! The temperatures have averaged around 94 degrees each day, with the heat index hovering near 100 because of the high humidity. Usually it's in the low 80s this time of year. I'm glad I had a lot of grilled items on the menu for the week so I didn't have to turn on the oven. I did skip my Ott's House Casserole for that reason and did leftovers instead.

To escape the heat, we went down to the Buffalo River in Arkansas to go floating with my brother and my nephews. The water felt great, but was very low, so we dragged bottom a lot. Usually we float in May, so I wasn't prepared for the river being so low. We still had a wonderful time. On the way down, we stopped in Harrison and ate at the Neighbor's Mill Bakery & Cafe. They have the most wonderful cinnamon rolls! They are soft, sweet and topped with the most amazing cream cheese frosting. It's definitely worth the splurge. Their lunch items are also fabulous. Eric had the best beef and cheese dip ever, and I had their chicken artichoke soup, which I'm going to have to try to recreate. It was delicious. Stop by and give them a try if you are ever in the area.

 
Corey went to Iowa this weekend as part of Missouri's team to compete in the ARML (American Regions Mathematics League) National Contest. He was part of the A team, which was a big honor, and a huge challenge for him. We are very proud of our mathematically talented kid - can you tell? ;)

Speaking of escaping the heat, if you are looking for a fun summer drink for you whole family, be sure to make a June Bug. I serve mine in small mason jars to make them seem like we are on a picnic. Yum!



This Wednesday is my annual (and hopefully FINAL) gum graft surgery. I know - TMI! But, it affects my menu planning for the week. I have to eat "soft foods" for 30 days, so no more steak for a while. This week will be a pasta heavy week, and I plan on preparing a lot of it ahead of time so I can just pop them in the oven or microwave on the night we need it.

Here's this week's menu. I am going to try to get my Ott's House Casserole in this week since it got bumped the last two weeks. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries, June Bug Cocktail
Monday - Grilled Pizzas, Salad, Strawberries
Tuesday - Sloppy Joes (just using McCormick's mix), Oven Baked Fries, Green Beans, Salad
Wednesday - Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Applesuace (surgery day)
Thursday - Crockpot Mac & Cheese, Broccoli, Applesauce
Friday - Cowboy Stew, Green Beans, Peaches
Saturday - Ott's House Casserole, Broccoli, Applesauce



For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.  

1 comments:

Kelly N said...

Can't wait to see if you can recreate that soup!