Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a new recipe for me, and it recommends chilling the dough for at least 24 hours before baking. Once I made these, I did think the recipe directions needed a couple of changes. It recommends slicing the dough, which simple does not work because of the candy pieces. I used a cookie scoop like I would with regular chocolate chip cookies. They also took longer to bake than the recipe calls for. The next time I made them, I did not refrigerate them, and I increased the temperature to 375. They were very tasty cookies.



Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup candy-coated peanut butter candy (i.e. Reese's Pieces)

Directions:

1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.

2. With a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and egg until it’s smooth.

3. Gently beat in the dry ingredients until the dough forms. Add in the chocolate chips and the candy-coated peanut butter candy.

4. Place a piece of wax or parchment paper on a clean surface and spoon the dough onto the middle of the paper. Form the dough into a long log and then fold the paper over the dough, wrapping it inside the paper. Let the wrapped dough sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before slicing and baking. NOTE: I do not do this step when making these cookies. I just mix up the batter as directed, and then use a cookie scoop like I would for regular chocolate chip cookies.

5. To freeze the dough, let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours, then transfer it to the freezer.

6. To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cut the dough into 1/4 inch circles. NOTE: I heat the oven to 375 degrees (and of course, as noted in step 4, I don't slice the dough, I scoop it). Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes. If baking from frozen dough, bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool the cookies on a cooling rack before serving.

Recipe Source - S.C. Johnson

1 comments:

Dawn said...

These look yummy, but that seems like and awful lot of butter with the peanut butter for the amount of flour. Glad you gave some tips on making them.