Menu Plan Monday




If the weather holds out, it should be back to school like normal for us. Two weeks ago, we missed 2 days of school, and this past week we were out on Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately it was due to ice both times, so we didn't even get the joy of playing in the snow. It also means that we now have to go to school into June. Yuck! Because of the snow day, I ended up needing to cook on Thursday, so you will see an added recipe for Pasta Carbonara. I also baked a couple of desserts yesterday, so be sure to check out the Cream Cheese Squares and the Black Bottom Cupcakes.

This week is back to the normal busy schedule. I have evening computer trainings, the boy has scouts, jazz band, and church youth, and the hubby has a work retreat. I have my church book club on Friday, and I'm excited because I get to make one of my all-time favorite dishes - sauerkraut and dumplings! My boys will have nothing to do with sauerkraut, but luckily all of the ladies in my book club love it. I will have to post a recipe after I make it, because I just kind of eyeball it. So those of you who love sauerkraut, be sure to check back after Friday. Have a great week, and if you want to see more menus, go orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Beer Braised Beef with Noodles, Green beans
Monday - Eat at training
Tuesday - Funky chicken with sesame noodles, Pea pods
Wednesday - Chili (have some frozen in the freezer) and PB Sandwiches
Thursday - Eat at training
Friday - Sauerkraut and dumplings (recipe coming after Friday)
Saturday - Pork Chop Potato Casserole, Brussels sprouts

9 comments:

Melinda said...

Okay, I am loving this blog! I do a weekly menu all the time. I am going to do this "menu plan Monday" post sometime. Your crescent roll/cream cheese sounds to die for! We have cinnamon and sugar crescent rolls every Saturday so I am going to have to try your recipe. Thanks,thanks, thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

mmm, the pork chop casserole looks yummy, I am assuming they are boneless?
Thanks for sharing...

Sharon said...

Nice menu! Beer-Braised Beef...YUM! Sounds delicious. The Funky Chicken also sounds good, too.
Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

Michelle said...

Cynthia thank you thank you for the black bottom cupcake recipe... not that my hips need it!!! and what a nicely laid out blog...thanks and have a great week..

Anonymous said...

I am with Melinda, the Cream Cheese Squares do sound amazing - is the dough you use a biscuit type dough?

Nicole said...

Yummm, the potato casserole looks so good! I'll have to give that one a try :)

Cynthia Matzat said...

Thanks for the nice comments about this week's menu. Yes, the pork chops are boneless in the casserole. The dough for the cream cheese squares is canned crescent roll dough. Hope that helps, ladies! Have a great week!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

This all looks delicious! I'd love to try that Funky Chicken w/the noodles:)

Stephanie ODea said...

this all sounds so wonderful!