Menu Plan Monday



This week is a "use what's in the freezer" week for me. Sometimes I get so excited planning my meals for the week that I forget to look at what I already have in the freezer, and I end up spending unnecessary money on groceries. So, this week I'm using what I already have. My menu may not be quite as exciting, but it will work with our busy schedule and use existing ingredients. :) I'll try to post some extra recipes this week just for fun. For other menus, check out Organizing Junkie.

Sunday - Chicken Manicotti, Garlic Bread, Broccoli
Monday - Turkey Breast (I have a Jenny O Oven Ready Turkey Breast - just throw it in the over straight from the freezer), Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Tuesday - Chicken Stir Fry, Rice
Wednesday - BBQ Pork Baked Potatoes (had some BBQ pork frozen in the freezer - I just cook a pork roast in my crock pot, shred it, and then pour in a bottle of BBQ sauce and let it sit in the crock pot - makes a ton of meat, freezes well, tastes great on a baked potato, espcially if you top it with cheddar), Corn, Peaches
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday -Homemade pizza
Saturday - Honey Dijon Salmon and Asparagus, Rice (I've skipped this twice now, so hopefully I'll actually cook it this week)

12 comments:

Laura said...

What a great site you've got here. Your week sounds delicious! I made so much pizza on Friday that we ate leftovers all weekend, needless to say I'm keeping if off my menu this week...LOL.

Laura

Mrs. V. said...

wish I had looked at this BEFORE I went shopping today- I will next weekend for sure-
FYI- we are ALSO having Jenny-O this week- great minds...

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Oh, we are doing the same in our house this week --all from the pantry, fridge, or freezer...no grocery shopping.
I try to remember to do that otherwise I end up with un-used spoiled food.
Great site!

Happy Valentine Week!

Blessings,
Bella

Wifey said...

I'm cooking from my freezer/pantry this week, too. You've got a great menu.

Nic said...

I love the sound of the Chicken Manicotti - but as and Aussie, I am not familiar with what Manicotti are - are they a type of pasta?

Anonymous said...

We love home made pizza. Two weeks ago we had mushroom, spinach and ricotta manicotti. It was really good!

Annie said...

What a yummy menu!
Happy Monday!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Connie said...

I've been craving salmon!

Have a great week!

Mrs. F said...

I am going to have to steal your salmon recipe someday. Yummm.

Candi said...

Sounds like a tasty week. This is my second week to cook from my pantry/freezer. I still have to buy a few things, but I am really trying to keep my grocery list very small--making sure to use mostly what we have on hand.

Your menu reminded me that I have a turkey breast in the freezer!!

The Frugal Apprentice said...

The manicotti sounds delicious! As does the salmon!

Have a wonderful week,

Sherry

The Proverbs Wife said...

Your menu sounds great. You have alot of variety. Have a great week.