Pasta Carbonara

My computer training got cancelled because of a snow day. I wasn't prepared to cook, so I hadn't set anything out to thaw. I needed a quick, easy meal that I could make with stuff I had in the house, so Pasta Carbonara it was! My recipe is different than the traditional recipe that calls for eggs to be added to the pasta right after you drain it. Raw eggs kind of creep me out, so I just don't do this. Here is my version.





Ingredients:

1/2 pound bacon, sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 onion - chopped
1 t rosemary
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup parmesan cheese
pasta noodles of your choice (I used thin spaghetti as that is what I had in the house)

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling water.

While pasta is cooking, fry bacon in a large frying pan. Cook until almost done (I like mine cooked through, but not crispy). Add the garlic, rosemary and onion. Cook until onions are soft and translucent. Add 1/2 cup white wine and cook until liquid is reduced to about half of original amount.

Drain pasta and pour into large serving bowl. Add bacon mixture and parmesan cheese. Mix to coat pasta.

3 comments:

Kelly N said...

You and I must be on the same wavelength this week because Gary just asked for this for dinner! Plan to make it Monday night. My variation is based on a pampered chef recipe. I use light alfredo sauce, crushed red pepper for some added zing and cheese filled raviolis as my pasta. Again, thanks for sharing!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorites! I have added it to my menu plan for the week.

Caanan said...

Wow that was good! I just fixed this for dinner and it was amazing! Question, though--what's the best way to eat the leftovers?