Cuban Black Beans and Rice

Very tasty side dish. Next time I make it I think I will cook the bacon and the cumin in with the rice for the 20 minutes so the flavors are absorbed more.




Ingredients

1 T olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup uncooked white rice
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cans black beans,drained
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Directions

In a small stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes. Add the water, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add the spices, bacon and black beans.

(modified from a recipe on cooks.com)

2 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Man, I have made this so many times since first visiting your site. I gotta say thanks from me and my family, who love this recipe!

:)

Cynthia Matzat said...

I'm glad you found something that you enjoy! It's nice to find new favorites. :)