Cheesecake Swirl Brownies

I'm not one of the cooks that believes everything should be made from scratch. Sometimes convenience foods can really help you out. One of my favorite quickie desserts involves using a boxed brownie mix. These yummy brownies are always a favorite when I serve them. I got the recipe off the side of a brownie box years ago, but I don't remember which brand. Any kind works, so use your favorite. I usually pick the low fat kind to try to reduce the calories a bit. :)



Ingredients

1 package brownie mix (and whatever ingredients your mix calls for to make the brownies)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup white sugar

Directions

Prepare the brownie mix as directed by manufacturer. Preheat oven to temperature indicated on box. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Spread the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Dollop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter. Swirl together using a knife. Bake according to manufacturer's instructions. Brownies will be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan, then cut into bars and serve.

0 comments: